The vision for the Global Kairos for Justice network emerged from the Kairos Palestine conference held in Bethlehem in December 2011. The conference was attended by representatives of churches and institutions from more than twenty countries. “The Bethlehem Call“ issued by this conference reiterated the urgent calls of the Kairos Palestine document “Moment of Truth” and asked for a comprehensive boycott of Israel as one of the nonviolent tools to end the Israeli apartheid system.
Today, there are Kairos Palestine partner movements in many countries in the Global South as well as in the Global North. The international movement is led by a committee in which Kairos Palestine plays the significant role of facilitating and coordinating such work as: exchanging information, developing theological and political rhetoric, unifying advocacy strategies, and creating activities that take into consideration the context of each country while pursuing together the Kairos call for justice now.
With our menu on the left, discover many Kairos Palestine-inspired statements, campaigns and other actions in the Global Kairos network. See a global map of Christian organizations responding to the call from Palestinian Christians: Mapping the Movement: The Global Network
SIGN the Global Kairos Signature Campaign
Learn about and ENDORSE “Cry for Hope: A Call to Decisive Action”
The Global Kairos “BDS Toolkit” Website
Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions:
Resisting Racism and Apartheid
From Global Kairos for Justice:
“The BDS Movement is an invitation to accompaniment and solidarity. It is a call to walk as Jesus walked, to demonstrate costly solidarity with Palestinians in their struggle for justice and freedom.”
The Global Kairos for Justice network has developed the website named the “BDS toolkit,” an exceptionally well crafted collection of information and tools.
Its many features include:
• Theological foundations for BDS, with an excellent overview of the challenge of Christian Zionism,
• BDS stories from around the world
• BDS 123 which explains what BDS is and how to do it and answers many important questions
• A ”How to” guide for understanding and dealing with accusations of antisemitism
• An excellent glossary covering Zionism, settler colonialism, government and corporate complicity, investment screens and more, with links for further reading
• A review of legal issues, including international law
• An excellent collection of short videos about BDS
There is so much more to discover at this wonderful website! The BDS Toolkit can serve as a vital resource for educational and organizing work in our communities and congregations.
Explore the BDS Toolkit website: